One of the best places in the world to bird is Florida, and Indian River County and the surrounding areas does not disappoint. Whether you are an experienced birder or just a casual birder, or just love to be outdoors amongst Florida’s natural treasures, there is something here for you. This guide will introduce you to some of the birding sites in Indian River County and the surrounding area.
Most of these areas are very attractive to migrating birds, especially Warblers, along with wading birds year round.
List of Indian River County Birding Locations. Click on link for more information.
- Blue Cypress Lake
- Blue Cypress Lake Conservation Area
- Captain Forster Hammock Preserve
- Environmental Learning Center
- T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area
- Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area
- Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Round Island Park
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park
- West Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility
Birding Locations out of Indian River County.